Black Bean Hummus
This is a slight variation on Dr. Fuhrman's black bean hummus recipe by Cynthia and I.
This stuff is like CRACK. Yum!!!!
- 1 15-ounce can no- or low-sodium black beans, drained. (Reserve liquid for later.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon Penzeys Florida Seasoned Pepper. (Or some other no-salt seasoning.)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini. (Pureed sesame seeds; find it at Whole Foods or a well-stocked grocery.)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste.
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender with 2 tablespoons bean liquid. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add bean liquid as needed until the right consistency is reached.
It gets better after it's chilled a little while in the refrigerator. If it lasts that long.