From Ranger Rick's Wiki
Revision as of 20:55, 24 August 2010 by 184.108.40.206
Dr. Fuhrman's Black Bean Hummus (Cynthia & Ben's Slight Variation)
- 1 15-ounce can no- or low-sodium black beans, drained. (Reserve liquid for later.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon Penzeys Florida Seasoned Pepper. (Or some other no-salt seasoning.)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini. (Pureed sesame seeds; find it at Whole Foods or a well-stocked grocery.)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste.
Blend all ingredients in food processor with 2 tablespoons bean liquid. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
This stuff is like CRACK. Yum!!!!